Bonnaroo is an annual music and arts fest that has been held in Manchester, Tennessee every June since 2001. Bonnaroo was originally created as a way to showcase a wide variety of jam bands and folk rock musicians and has included everyone from newer bands like Widespread Panic, Phish, and The Black Crowes to legendary musicians like Neil Young, The Allman Brothers Band and Bob Dylan. Every year since its inception, Bonnaroo has been one of the most successful summer festivals in the country, and this year is certain to be no different.
Bonnaroo 2012, which begins on June 7th and runs until June 10th, includes a stellar lineup of bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Phish, Bon Iver, The Shins, The Avett Brothers, Alice Cooper and a freshly reunited Beach Boys, including Brian Wilson. Tickets can be purchased either through a 4 day general admission pass or a 4 day VIP pass for 2, and both can be upgraded with a RV pass that includes RV parking, and/or a VIP food pass that includes meals for all 4 days of this exciting festival. If you’ve never experienced the fun of Bonnaroo and you’d love to be a part of this live music event of the summer, tickets are still available.
Since 2002, The Sasquatch! Music Festival has been a place where music fans can experience the best musicians of indie rock every May. Past big name acts include Death Cab For Cutie, Modest Mouse, M.I.A., R.E.M, and Micheal Franti & Spearhead. This year’s Sasquatch! Music Festival will be certain to live up to its reputation of showcasing the biggest names of indie rock with performers like Jack White, The Roots, Bon Iver, Beck, Beirut, Ben Howard, Imelda May, Mogwai, The Shins, Girl Talk, and Tenacious D, plus a great variety of the other hot names in indie music.
The Sasquatch! Music Festival is held at The Gorge in George, Washington from May 25th to 28th and it is certain to be 4 days full of pure indie music excitement that will be a weekend to remember for all who attend. Although there are no single day tickets, a four day admission pass to The Sasquatch! Music Festival includes camping and parking for an entire weekend full of musical fun.
Sometimes a song just gets even better after watching the music video. In some cases, such elaborate videos are better known than the song itself.
Here’s a few of the best music videos we’ve recently stumbled upon.
1. Niki and The Dove are an electro pop trio that originate from Stockholm. They ranked at 5th position on BBC’s Sound of 2012 Poll. Their video for The Fox perhaps gave this less known band the virality they needed. The song could be downloaded for free. Their single DJ, Ease My Mind was released in February, from their upcoming debut album set to be released in May, Instinct. The video for The Fox is entirely computer animated, and yet is a strong connection to nature.
This intriguing music video features an animated female with a fox head who carries out a journey through the most psychedelic landscape, detailed with indigenous imagery.
2. OK Go, alternative rock band from Chicago, are certainly better known for their curious and quirky music videos. Most of their MTV and Grammy nominations and awards reward their creative videos. Their latest music video for Skyscrapers surprises us once again. This videoclip doesn’t star any of the band members, but focuses on a chameleonic tango, coupled by Moti Buchboot and Trish Sie (who also directed the video). Perhaps it isn’t the most surprising videos they have to offer, but it’s an artistic video worth watching. Less distractful than their other videos, you might even give the song a proper listen.
3. The Shins‘ Simple Song is accompanied by a video where James Mercer records his last will on tape for his three children. Keeping in mind he was hated by the three of them, he doesn’t give the house to any of them and sets them off on a treasure hunt.
4. Lana del Rey finds her way in to every possible ranking, and here she is once again. Her official music video for Blue Jeans has gained her a mention in our list. She had promised her fans a proper music video, after putting together some homemade clips for Blue Jeans and Videogames. She came back with a classy video in black and white, which could emanate a commercial for any luxurious perfume. Bradley Soileau accompanies Lana once again in an aqueous romance.
5. French band, The Shoes, thought that the best shot at getting some publicity was starring Jake Gylenhall in a 9-minute-long music video murdering dancing “hipsters”, whilst donning a fencing outfit. They certainly acheived their goal, with over 1435124 views on Youtube.
Radiohead kicked off their 2012 North American tour last Monday, February 27th at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida and played a balanced set, covering classics from their entire catalogue, but with special emphasis on their 2011 release, The King of Limbs.
The debuted two new songs in Miami (“Identikit” and “Cut A Hole”) and played another new tune, “Skirting on the Surface,” last night live at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas (watch videos below).
Radiohead added a handful of U.S. and Canadian tour dates yesterday, prolonging their first North American arena tour since 2008. Radiohead’s 2012 tour takes them and opening act Other Lives across the U.S. until Radiohead’s appearance at the 2012 Coachella Music and Arts Festival. Read more
Last night, Radiohead kicked off their 2012 North American tour at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida. According to reports, they played a 24-song set, which included two never-before-played songs (listen below).
The touched on songs from their entire catalogue, but it surpisingly leaned heavily on 2011′s The King of Limbs, including: “Bloom,” “Morning Mr. Magpie,” “Codex,” “Lotus Flower,” “Feral,” “Separator,” and “Give Up the Ghost.”
The rest of their setlist can be broken down across the following albums: Read more
The fine folks at the Bonnaroo Arts and Music Festival gave us all a pleasant Valentine’s Day surprise by releasing the 2012 lineup, and boy does it look good! 2012 Bonnaroo headliners will include Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phish and a reunited Beach Boys.
As always, Bonnaroo’s lineup is filled with artists of all genres and a plethora of big-name acts including: Bon Iver, The Avett Brothers, The Shins, Foster the People, dubstep sensation Skrillex, Aziz Ansari, The Roots, Alice Cooper, Mac Miller, Umphrey’s McGee, and many, many more. Read more
Since 1993, the annual San Franciscan indie rock music, film and arts festival known as Noise Pop has been showcasing a wide variety of talented indie musicians and artists. Past years Noise Pop fests have included indie rock musicians like Modest Mouse, Bob Mould, Death Cab For Cutie, The Shins and a vast variety of other indie rock legends who gained their first exposure to future fans by playing at this amazing event.
If you have heard about the amazing musicians that have played past Noise Pop Festivals and you want experience this hip musical event yourself, know that 2012′s lineup, which includes the indie rock super group The Flaming Lips, will be certain to be just as electrifying as the Noise Pop fests of past years. Read more
After months of anticipation, the 2012 Coachella lineup has finally been announced and you’ll be ready to buy your tickets and plan your trip after seeing it!
The 2012 Coachella Music Festival takes place over two weekends in Indio, California, with concerts April 13-14-15 and April 20-21-22. Read more